Wednesday, March 2, 2011

TWO STRAIGHT DAYS OF BLOGGING. go meeeee.

Even though work takes over my life sometimes, I alllllways have fun there. Tonight was no exception. I was bored and had gotten all of my side work done, and I was just waiting for a table to leave. So I went back to the dish area where the hobart is, and began to dance to the "gasolina-esque" music that was playing. Eventually I was joined by many of the little latinos/kitchen guys in the back and we began to have a small dance party. It was nuts. There was lots of giggling. I may have accidentally shimmied. Others watched and reminded me how ridiculous I am. There was more giggling. Thennnn my manager told me that I was being distracting to them and the rest of the staff. Whoops. It was fun while it lasted. 

Also, the other day I got one of the guys that I work with to come play drumset with me on the hanging pots and pans in the back. It was early morningish and the other employees didn't like that game as much. Neither did my manager who was on the phone. Whoops. i'm surprised I haven't been fired yet. 

I love my job. Being a server opens up so many cool opportunities to meet so many cool people. The other day I met a congresswoman. I've met a retired FBI agent. I've met people from Greece. I've met my friends' friends and relatives. I've met a 90-year old couple who was so in love that I wanted to melt. I've met a non-religious couple who just moved to Knoxville and asked me what church I went to because he could tell that I loved Jesus. (How cool is it that Jesus gives us His light to shine so people will see!) I've met an NYPD training agent who, I later found out, is also involved in Young Life in Long Island, NY and was just visiting. whhhhat? So cool. 


On a different note, I want this little guy in my pocket at all times. 
Anyone wanna buy him for me? 

Still smells like asian food all over the place. Guess I should shower more. 

Oh, and I taught my public speaking class how to "Dougie" this morning. That was fun. 
Happy Humpday!

No comments:

Post a Comment